- The next generation of PowerPacT circuit breakers deliver performance, productivity, and connectivity in one
- Equipped with Visi-TripTM LED breaker locator, the industry’s only LED locator in a molded case circuit breaker
- Improved user experience that increases confidence, improves operations, saves time and resources and allows for simplified feature enhancements
Schneider Electric, the global leader in the digital transformation of energy management and automation and the industry’s leader in circuit breakers, recently announced the launch of its new and im- proved PowerPacTTM Molded Case Circuit Breaker (MCCB) series at the 2021 NECA Convention Nashville. The new PowerPacT series focuses on innovative technology designed to meet the needs of Schneider Electric’s customers, offering an improved circuit breaker solution for the future.
The intelligent and reliable multi-standard compliant range of molded case circuit breakers enable customers to increase operational efficiency and deliver unrivaled reliability to power tomorrow. The updated PowerPacT MCCB is equipped with features including:
- Visi-TripTM LED breaker locator: The industry’s only LED locator in an MCCB provides a visual light alert when a breaker needs to be inspected, increasing safety and saving customers time finding the concern and allowing them to begin the troubleshooting process faster
- Updated front cover design: Embeds all connectivity features into the display with sleek new product brand signature and product QR codes, al- lowing customers to easily upgrade solutions and gain quick access to device documentation
- Semi-transparent breaker: Gives customers direct visibility to auxiliaries installed within the breaker and provides simplified retrofitting with additional accessories
- Zigbee wireless technology: Coming soon, PowerPacT breakers will be compatible with optional wireless technology for accessories. Zigbee saves customers time by eliminating the need to hard-wire connections and improves productivity by providing real-time remote notifications
“We designed PowerPacT specifically from customers’ insights to address the most important pain points they were facing with breakers,” said Rohan Kelkar, Executive Vice President for Global Power Products at Schneider Electric. “These features will transform daily operations for customers and contractors who would otherwise spend hours trying to locate a single tripped breaker or disassemble panels to repair a faulty device or locate important product information.”
The new PowerPacT series saves valuable time and resources while reducing risk, simplifying installation and maintenance, and offering scalable upgrades which are future-proof to meet environmental standards. PowerPacT MCCBs provide a clear opportunity for contractors, specifiers, electrical OEMs and distributors to increase power resiliency and mitigate circuit breaker trip issues for hospitals, utilities, electrical construction sites and more.
Schneider Electric’s PowerPacT solution was on display at the 2021 NECA Convention in Schneider Electric’s Interactive Booth #1553 and the Showstopper Showcase.